Here is the round-up for August:
- Tradevine: Allow users to re-authenticate when there are connection problems with Xero.
- TradeMe: No longer display ‘private seller’ tag for In-Trade listings in Business, Farming & Industrial categories.
- Tradevine: Improve the image upload process efficiency which speeds up the relisting process.
Here is the round-up for July:
- Tradevine: Fixed a shipping template bug to set the Carrier value correctly on Trade Me.
- Tradevine: Fixed a Trade Me authentication bug.
- Tradevine: Increased automated test coverage to help ensure platform stability.
- Tradevine: Fixed various Xero-related bugs by making our integration with Xero much more efficient.
- Tradevine: Changed ‘Toll’ shipping to ‘Team Global Express’.
- New Goods Feed: Fixed a Product edit bug that was causing unnecessary withdrawals to Trade Me listings.
- Tradevine: Now able to update the Customer Reference and Notes fields on Xero invoices after payments have been received.
- Trade Me: Changes to the purchase flow on Trade Me to improve the buying experience for listings that are using shipping templates.
- Trade Me: Fix archived GST purchase invoices not showing GST correctly.
- Tradevine: Changes to not allow credit card payments to be selected on Motors listings as this is not a supported payment method for this category in Trade Me.
- Trade Me: Fix for Premium Exposure Plans not showing correctly in GST invoices.
Please also have a look at the great work we have completed earlier this year here.
The team has been working on some wider Trade Me initiatives to improve the shipping experience for buyers on the Trade Me website. This uses the detailed shipping information you provide in Tradevine and helps drive purchases.
Here is May’s roundup:
- Tradevine users with a Xero Integration now can see the count of Sales Orders (Pending + Awaiting Shipment) with no invoice in the Reporting Dashboard. Also, in the Sales Orders page, there is a new column that shows if the Sales Order has an invoice.
- Background processing of listings is improved due to the removal of unneeded background systems.
Shopify integration support in Tradevine ends on 30 June 2023. If you want to keep using Shopify with Tradevine, you will need to create your own Shopify custom app. Shopify changed their app store policies and the types of applications they support – affecting Tradevine and third-party systems. This change means we can’t continue to support this integration.
If you want to keep using Tradevine with Shopify, you will need to create your own custom application by 30 June 2023.
For Tradevine Sellers who are currently using this feature please check your email for more information. We also have an FAQ you can read.
If you are looking to update your DYMO software for Windows then you may find it quicker to download from here.
DYMO label software 8.5.1 Windows
DYMO Web Service 1.0 Windows
Tradevine will be unavailable from 11:00pm tonight until 1:00am tomorrow for scheduled maintenance.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Having issues with your Dymo printer?
Google updated Chrome and it caused a small problem with it talking to your Dymo printer.
To fix this follow the steps below…
* With version 42 of Chrome, Google now disables NPAPI which is required to run the Dymo plugin. However, you can manually enable it by typing the following into the Chrome address bar and adjusting the setting:
Click enable, then relaunch now (at the bottom of the page).
* Enabling NPAPI may not be enough. In some instances, you may have to uninstall and re-install the DLS software for the plugin to appear in the plugin list: chrome://plugins/
You can read more at the Dymo page.
In the last week a security flaw known as Heartbleed has become news across the Internet.
The Heartbleed Bug is a serious vulnerability in the popular OpenSSL cryptographic software library. This weakness allows stealing the information protected, under normal conditions, by the SSL/TLS encryption used to secure the Internet. SSL/TLS provides communication security and privacy over the Internet for applications such as web, email, instant messaging (IM) and some virtual private networks (VPNs).
The Heartbleed bug allows anyone on the Internet to read the memory of the systems protected by the vulnerable versions of the OpenSSL software. This compromises the secret keys used to identify the service providers and to encrypt the traffic, the names and passwords of the users and the actual content. This allows attackers to eavesdrop on communications, steal data directly from the services and users and to impersonate services and users. [Heartbleed.com]
Although the security flaw effected a large portion of internet services (estimated at two-thirds of all websites), Tradevine does not use OpenSSL and was therefor not affected.
However, a number of the services Tradevine partners with were potentially at risk.
Each partner has since patched the security flaw, and Tradevine have taken steps (such as updating passwords) to insure Tradevine, and our customers data are completely secure.
For more information on the Heartbleed security flaw, visit the Heartbleed.com website.
Trade Me have just announced a free Gallery and Gallery+ promotion for the Jeans, Pants and Shorts category in Womenswear – see this recent posting for more details.
The good news for Tradevine users is that this has been implemented automatically – you need do nothing to take advantage of this promotion – except perhaps list more jeans and shorts:-)
Our offices will be closed between the 25th December 2012 to the 6 January 2013. During this period the best way to contact us is via email using email@example.com. This address will be constantly monitored and we will get back to you just as fast as we can. As always our support is free and we are happy to assist, so please do contact us.
We are back in the office from the 7th January and our awesome phone and email support will return to normal.
Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Trading for 2013.
The Tradevine Team