Here is the round-up for August:
- Tradevine: Allow users to re-authenticate when there are connection problems with Xero.
- TradeMe: No longer display ‘private seller’ tag for In-Trade listings in Business, Farming & Industrial categories.
- Tradevine: Improve the image upload process efficiency which speeds up the relisting process.
Here is the round-up for July:
- Tradevine: Fixed a shipping template bug to set the Carrier value correctly on Trade Me.
- Tradevine: Fixed a Trade Me authentication bug.
- Tradevine: Increased automated test coverage to help ensure platform stability.
- Tradevine: Fixed various Xero-related bugs by making our integration with Xero much more efficient.
- Tradevine: Changed ‘Toll’ shipping to ‘Team Global Express’.
- New Goods Feed: Fixed a Product edit bug that was causing unnecessary withdrawals to Trade Me listings.
- Tradevine: Now able to update the Customer Reference and Notes fields on Xero invoices after payments have been received.
- Trade Me: Changes to the purchase flow on Trade Me to improve the buying experience for listings that are using shipping templates.
- Trade Me: Fix archived GST purchase invoices not showing GST correctly.
- Tradevine: Changes to not allow credit card payments to be selected on Motors listings as this is not a supported payment method for this category in Trade Me.
- Trade Me: Fix for Premium Exposure Plans not showing correctly in GST invoices.
Please also have a look at the great work we have completed earlier this year here.
The team has been working on some wider Trade Me initiatives to improve the shipping experience for buyers on the Trade Me website. This uses the detailed shipping information you provide in Tradevine and helps drive purchases.
Here is May’s roundup:
- Tradevine users with a Xero Integration now can see the count of Sales Orders (Pending + Awaiting Shipment) with no invoice in the Reporting Dashboard. Also, in the Sales Orders page, there is a new column that shows if the Sales Order has an invoice.
- Background processing of listings is improved due to the removal of unneeded background systems.
Firstly apologies for the radio silence, rest assured we have indeed continued to work hard on the Tradevine platform since our last blog post, improving the stability of the platform, adding features, and fixing bugs.
We have a renewed commitment to posting these release notes consistently again, so keep an eye out for more in the future!
Here is April’s roundup:
- NGF Emails: We now send attachments inside the email body which fixes an issue where if the attachment was large enough it would fail to send.
- Photos: Fixed an issue that prevented some photos from being edited.
- TradeMe Integration: We now handle transient Trade Me issues better, requiring less manual intervention for existing listing rules.
- MyProducts: Fixed an issue where search wasn’t returning items as expected.
- Tradevine: Fixed an issue with searching for products with outdated shipping options.
- Tradevine: Added groupsku field to the search
- Tradevine API: Added webhooks to a number of key events for API Integrations.
- Tradevine: Fixed an issue where listings would be incorrectly withdrawn when an account has no credit.
- Tradevine: Fixed connecting TradeMe accounts when the username changed.
- Tradevine: Fixed an issue where purchases may not have been combined correctly.
- Tradevine/MyProducts: Added the creation of shipping templates using book a courier.
- Tradevine/MyProducts: Fixed duplicate error messages being shown on list views.
- Tradevine/MyProducts: Fix for incorrect currencies symbols showing occasionally
- Tradevine/MyProducts: Change courier name from ‘Fastway’ to ‘Aramex’
- Tradevine: Add new permission for ‘Mark as paid’ on Sales orders
- Tradevine: Improve error messages when importing products.
- Tradevine: Improve support page by adding a help video.
- Tradevine: Improve security and platform stability by introducing Google ReCaptcha.
It’s been a while since our last updated posted here, so below is a round-up of the features and fixes we’ve put out since December 2020:
- Shopify: Added config for Shopify Sales Order notes to be Public and/or Private.
- Tradevine API: Added new Get, Add/Update and Delete ShippingTemplates endpoints.
- Tradevine API: Added new Delete TradeMeListingRule endpoint.
- Sales Orders: Resolved issue with Combined Sales Order candidates.
- Shipping: Added Sendle to list of available Couriers.
- Shipping: Corrected DHL’s tracking reference URL.
- Misc: Corrected issue with large Organization logos.
- MyProducts: Fixed an issue with Feature Combo on listings created in MyProducts.
- DVDs: Removed the DVD Catalog and migrated existing DVD’s to regular TradeMeListingRules.
- Xero: Updated Xero OAuth process to V2.
- Misc: Bug fixes.
Release Date: Wednesday 9th December 2020 5:00 a.m. : downtime approx 10 mins
- Fastway courier has been renamed to Aramex. We have also added StraitNZ as a courier/freight option and also fixed the tracking url for Summerland freight.
- Fixed a bug where the grid’s bulk-actions in My Products would not work if the keyword search field had certain punctuation in it.
- Added the IsClearance field to the New Goods Feed spec.
Release Date: Tuesday 24 November 2020 5:00 a.m. : downtime approx 10 mins
- We’ve added the ability to search by customer phone number in the global search field in Tradevine.
- We’re now returning Trade Me success-fees and payment-fees on the sales order API endpoint of the Tradevine API.
- When rolling a sales-order back to Pending from Awaiting-Shipment, we now preserve the Payment Received flag if it was set. If the grand-total changes on the order when in Pending (if modifications are made) then the flag will be unset again.
- We no longer withdraw and relist a listing if edits are made on a multi-quantity-listing that has already had sales, if the listing has had promotion products applied (e.g. gallery, feature, feature combo etc.). We will wait until the next relist for the edits to be applied so that customers are not charged twice for a promotion.
Release Date: Wednesday 1 July 2020 5:00 a.m. : downtime approx 25 mins
New features in this release
It is now possible to assign roles to your users.
You can now create your own Roles and assign various levels of permissions to the different parts of Tradevine. This includes a permission for hiding your cost pricing. Just remember to unassign the user from the Administrator role.
It also comes with a Preview screen so you can see what areas the user will have access to.
We have added the following new reports:
An In Stock Only option has also been added to the Inventory Summary report.
You can now assign a default warehouse to automatically appear as your first choice each time you create new purchase orders.
Trade Me – Shipping Templates
It is now possible to delete a shipping template.
A friendly prompt has also been added to remind you that changing a template will affect other products which share the same template.
Trade Me – Icon Badge
The icon badge displayed in Trade Me on the likes of the Sold and Unsold tabs etc now displays TV (Tradevine) for Tradevine users, instead of MP (My Products).
Importing Product Changes
There are no importing changes in this release.
- You can now get to the No Photos tab when searching to see where your product photos are used on the Photos screen.
- A concurrency error was sometimes encountered when bulk printing pick lists.
- An error would occur when importing contacts from Xero when the currency was unknown.
- Sometimes a Trade Me shipping template would persist after opting for a different shipping option.
Release Date: Wednesday 6 April 2020 5:00 a.m. : downtime approx 30 mins
New features in this release
You can now add product labels to products from the Trade Me products screen and the Shopify products screen.
Deleted products will now be available for recovery up to 7 days. After this the deletion is permanent. Contact Tradevine immediately if you accidentally deleted your products, so we can recover them before the 7 day expiry.
Trade Me – bulk manual listings
It is now only possible to manually create a listing for one product at a time.
Trade Me – Charities
The St John and The Christchurch Foundation charities have been added. There are now 4 charities to select from if you wish to donate via your sold listings.
Trade Me – videos
Videos can now be added to MVLs if you are a Top Seller or a Store.
We have updated how we talk to Shopify behind the scenes to keep up with how Shopify would like things done. You should not notice anything different.
Importing product changes
If you import your products then you may be interested in the following changes.
- Trade Me YouTube Video Key can now be applied to MVLs if you are a Top Seller or a Store.
- Saving an MVL was sometimes incorrectly validating an unselected FPO option.
- Occasionally when auto-listing a Trade Me product it would fail up to 5 times because of a database constraint.