Changes to Tradevine
Release Date: Fri 17 Aug 2012 5:00pm
Free end time listings in Trade Me
We have revamped the automatic listing settings to improve the options available to achieve a variety of differing listing strategies.
Listing durations can now be either:
- fixed length (e.g. 7 days)
- fixed length with a specific end time (e.g. 7 days to finish at 8pm)
- can finish on a specific day of the week and time (e.g. finish on Sundays at 8pm)
When your listing durations are configured to end at a specific time, we will attempt to create the new listing within a few minutes either side of the specified time. Be aware that if you specify a specific end time then there are some circumstances where will we be unable to achieve the exact time, such as if there is limited inventory and an existing listing auto-extends. We will attempt to list for up to 20 mins past the target time before waiting for the next day. In practice this will mean that the target time -2/+3 minutes would normally be achieved, however it could be up to -2/+20 minutes if inventory is limited.
The listing durations and times can be configured globally on your Trade Me Selling Channel or individually on each Trade Me listing rule.
As a result of the changes to the listing durations, some of the import and export fields have changed. The relevant fields are:
- Listing Duration Type – (Trade Me) – new
- Listing Duration Days – (Trade Me) – input values modified
- Listing End Day – (Trade Me) – new
- Listing End Time – (Trade Me) – name change only
For more detailed information refer to the Import Fields Help page.
Manually make Fixed Price Offers
It is now possible to manually make Fixed Price Offers if you have chosen not to activate the automatic FPO feature.
You will find the FPO button on the Sold, Unsold and All tabs of the Listings screen where you will able to specify a price and, if relevant, an offer quantity.
EFTPOS Payment Method added
EFTPOS has been added as a Payment Method option.
Delete User Logins
You can now delete users from your organisation. You just can’t delete yourself for obvious reasons.
Compare at Price added to Shopify
Recommended retail price, alias Compare at Price has been added to your products Shopify settings.
Alternate product Codes
An Alternate Code field has been added to your products, which allows you to optionally specify a secondary product code.
In Product Core export file, the field is called Alternate Code.
Import Replacement Product Codes
You can now replace existing product codes with new codes via an import. This is particularly useful if you have created products automatically from say Trade Me and now you wish to use your own SKU numbering.
Be aware that if you have imported new replacement codes, you must use these new codes on all subsequent imports, otherwise, you run the risk of creating duplicate products , one with the original code and one with the new code.
In your import file, the field is called Replacement Code.
Upload photos via FTP
It is now possible to upload photos with an external FTP URL. We also support password protected FTP and HTTP servers.
Email content now persists for subsequent shipment emails
When confirming shipments and opting to email either the packing slip or the invoice, any text entered into the content panel will now persist for the next shipment confirmation.
NB: clearing your web browser cookies will remove the content.
Importing Products changes
If you import or re-import your products then you may be interested in the following changes:
Fields we have added:
- Listing Duration Type – (Trade Me)
- Listing End Day – (Trade Me)
- Alternate Code (Core)
- Replacement Code
- Compare at Price (Shopify)
Fields which have changed:
- Listing Duration Days – (Trade Me). The expected input values have changed.
- Specific Listing End Time renamed to Listing End Time – (Trade Me)
- FPO (Fixed Price Offer) Enabled renamed to Automatic FPO Enabled – (Trade Me)
For more explicit information refer to the Import Fields Help page.
Key Bug Fixes
- Photos used on more than one product were sometimes also being deleted from the other product.
- Re-uploading photos was duplicating the photos on the product.
- Paid payments in Xero were missed in Tradevine, if the cash bank account in Xero had changed.
- Shared product photos were only uploaded to Shopify for the first uploaded product.
We are now working on improved product views with more tabs and columns etc.
All of these improvements are based on customer feedback. We are planning to release further improvements on a regular basis. Your feedback is vital to ensuring that we’re working on the most important things first. If you have any suggestions, then check out our suggestions page where you can also vote. Otherwise, feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback.