Release Date: Thursday 22 Nov 2012 5:00pm
Implemented in this release
It is now possible to create Trade Me listings using Gallery Plus. If you are unfamiliar with Gallery Plus you can read more here.
We have changed the way that Tradevine makes listings on Trade Me. Previously the autolister always made a new listing, never a relist. Now we will always try to relist a closed listing and only create a new listing if this is not possible.
This has 2 benefits:
- Gallery Plus is now supported
- an email will be sent by Trade Me to any watchers pointing them to the relisting.
Be aware that it is not possible to relist any of the following:
- withdrawn listings
- listings with open FPOs (Fixed Price Offers)
- listings older than 45 days
- listings in classified categories like Livestock or Earthquake.
In order to switch on Gallery Plus you need to turn on the new option in the ‘Extras Selection’ part of either the Product Listing Rule or the Global Listing Rule. If you plan to set this on the Product Listing Rules then consider using the export/import feature to mass update.
HTML restricted product and listing rule descriptions
Because of the inconsistencies arising from trying to interpret HTML in the Product Description and the Listing Rule Descriptions, when importing products, we now attempt to automatically remove any HTML tags.
HTML editor for Shopify product descriptions
We have added a HTML Editor button to the HTML toolbar on the product’s Shopify description. This allows the HTML gurus to edit the product description directly in HTML format.
Shopify product URL & handle now editable
We have made the product’s Shopify URL and Handle available for viewing and modifying. This is useful if you want to create meaningful URLs.
Line spacings for the Shopify product descriptions
You can now configure your Shopify product descriptions with large or small line spacings. Use SHIFT+ENTER to create a small line spacing and just ENTER to create a large line spacing.
Importing Products changes
If you import or re-import your products then you may be interested in the following changes.
Fields which have changed:
- Gallery Plus – (Trade Me).
For more information refer to the Import Fields Help page.
Key Bug Fixes
- New listings were sometimes failing to be created when the category was changed from a category that previously had attributes.
- In Xero, all the line items on a Credit Note were being attributed only to the sales account instead of the account mapped for each product.
- Deselecting the Same as Billing address checkbox now clears the shipping address fields on a sales order.
- When a user corrected the unpaid subscription on their account Tradevine was failing to update the account status.
- Kitting, also known as bill of materials – bundling up products to make a composite product.
All of these improvements are based on customer feedback. We are planning to release further improvements on a regular basis. Your feedback is vital to ensuring that we’re working on the most important things first. If you have any suggestions, then check out our suggestions page where you can also vote. Otherwise, feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com with your feedback.